Thursday, May 10, 2012

Operetta and the Manhattan Cocktail Classic Pt.1

Hiya,

It's that time of year again when the cocktail world descend on NYC's door steps. Yes, it is the MANHATTAN COCKTAIL CLASSIC (MCC). Yours truly will be getting involved in a few events and attending a handful too!

1st up is tonight at the Prince George ballroom for the Speed Rack NYC finals. I'll be serving some tasty Pink Pigeon rum punch for all of the attendees.

Between all of the festivities you can see me all weekend long coming in and out of the Industry Invitational Happy Hour for the MCC. I will be imbibing on fantastic cocktails presented by the amazing CHARLOTTE VOISEY, which she is showcasing the past, present, and future of cocktails for the lucky. Thank you Small Screen Network for helping to put this event together.

Also, it's the one and only GALA tomorrow at the NY Public Library on 42nd and fifth avenue. I have attended each one, but unfortunately this year I am out of luck. I will have to hear all about it the following day. Congrats If you have a ticket, because those sold out quickly!!

2nd, I'll head down to Brooklyn to the Dick and Jane's Bar to learn from the host, Charlotte Voisey.



She will explain some of the details that goes into the drink and deconstructs the cocktail experience looking for special touches along the way. I highly recommend you to get your ticket now for this, because it's only a few left! Order tickets here and I'll see you at 1pm with a glass in hand and some delicious Hors D’oeuvres in the other!

3rd, you can visit me at the Andaz hotel on Sunday presenting the GLENROTHES. I'll be pouring the 1978, 1988, 1995, and the Select Reserve along with the Anchor Distilling team. 

Afterwards, I will consume some great Japanese BBQ for the SUNTORY whisky Cocktails and BBQ event at The Summit Bar. Here is the ticket info. 

I think that will do it for my weekend! It is massive amounts of  other events, therefore you can look forward to my MCC Part 2 by Sunday for my Monday and Tuesday event plans. Plus the MCC wrap up that following week, in order to find out why the Manhattan Cocktail Classic is not to be missed!


Cheers,
Carmen Operetta

Photo Credits: 
Glenrothes "Highland Fling" cocktail: Danielle Katz at Exposure.net
Charlotte Voisey: artintheage.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment